Friday, August 13, 2010

Investment Update #1 (August 13, 2010)

I will be updating my blog when I make investment decisions. For example, buying or selling stocks or ETFs, changing my investment allocation, change of investment strategy, etc. This is the first of my investment update blogs:

I brought 500 shares of the Pro Shares UltraShort (PST) Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Monday August 12, 2010 at $40.84 in my non-taxable account (from prospectus: Seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses and interest income earned on cash and financial instruments, that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 7-10 Year U.S. Treasury Index.). US treasury yield curve for August 11 was 2.08% for seven year and 2.72% for ten. For August 12, 2010 the treasury daily yield curve was 2.11% for seven year and 2.74% for ten year. For more information on PST and shorting US treasuries please read the following blog: http://paulsgang.blogspot.com/2010/01/this-blog-i-would-like-to-talk-about.html.

Please chime in with comments on what you think of shorting US treasuries and my PST ETF investment.

© 2010 Paul Cusick

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment