Sunday, June 28, 2015

Option Trades - June 26, 2015

ASHR ETF price has dropped 19% since I purchased the put option on June 12, 2015 (Strike price $50, expiration date January 15, 2016).  I am now in the money for my $50 put option and Implied Vol. (IV) and delta has been increasing (which it should).  My gain is 141% (delta and IV has increased a lot over the last week). Not a bad 2 weeks.

I decided to sell 40% of my put option Friday June 26, 2015.  I decided to let the other 60% ride since the cost of trade has been paid (it now pure profit).

Josh thanks for talking about the China mainland stock market and how over priced the stock are (was around 250 EPS).

GLW
My June 19, 2015  $21 put was in the money and I purchased 4000 shares of GLW (I sold 4000 for $23 late in 2014 and have sold 4 different puts since January 1St this is the first one to finish in the money). I am since trying to sell my 40 (4000 shares) call options at $21 or $22 30 or 60 days out. This will continue my wheel of fun strategy with GLW.

I may try a covered combination option strategy next week.  For example sell a GLW put at $20 and a call at $22 when I am long the stock.  It was something I was considering to add to my wheel of fun option strategy.

COP
I am still looking for COP to go below $62.  When it does I will be selling $60 puts to re-start my wheel of fun strategy on COP. At $60 COP pays a 4.50% dividend.  Currently I own 1000 shares of COP and I write calls when the stock price goes over $67.50.


Other ides:
I am looking to short the Japanese market by shorting a large Japan index ETF. I need to decide if it will be a currencies hedged or non-hedged ETF and the timeframe.  The government continues to purchase Japan stocks by using pension funds and loans and driving the Yen down (so there company can export and have higher profits). How long can it continue?

Until next week and have a great week trading.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment